Sunday, January 1, 2012

First Day of 2012, First Day back on the Trail

Today I ventured out to ride the trails once again. Shhh...technically I don't go back to the sport's doc for the last Xray until the end of the week, but I couldn't help it. First off, it was the first day of the new year, and 2nd it was 62 degrees out. In January! So how could I possibly pass up the opportunity. I know...I could not. Fortunately, the foot did fine.

I took the mountain bike out to one of the "tamer" trails we have which is about 4.5 miles each way.  I had so much fun, but that isn't surprising. A little winded on the climbs, but that could be because a) I was so excited, I was riding way too fast and b) I am still not able to breathe out of my nose. Stupid lingering cold symptoms. I was a little hesitant upon entering the trail since I hadn't seen the trail in nearly 3 months, but the good thing was, nothing had changed. A little muddy in some places, but that is expected at this time of year. Overall, the trail was in beautiful shape and I was happy as a lark to be out there.

I am really looking forward to riding many miles, both solo and with other groups this year.
As expected, there were a ton of people out riding today. Great weather brings out the masses. That can be both good and bad depending on your perspective and/or your frame of mind.
Oddly, by the time I finished the ride, the clouds rolled in,  it started to rain a little, the wind picked up and the temps dropped quite a bit. I think I got my ride in just in time, because it seems winter just found out what day it was.

So here's to a happy healthy 2012 with much riding and great days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment