Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Less than 72....

Hours that is.... until the Fool’s Gold NUE race. I signed up for this race nearly 9 months ago and yet here I am only a few days away, slightly panicked.
Am I prepared? Have I done enough? How will my legs deal with all the climbing that I have never experienced before? Can I finish? What do I pack? How long will it take me? Will the weather hold out? I am praying the weather holds out and it stays dry.
If not, I don’t know if I am ready for that kind of riding with bad conditions added on. Obviously, I have to be ready for it, no matter what. Fingers crossed.
So many questions. Fleeting doubts. Ugghhh. This sounded like such a good idea on December 1 of last year. But, Now? Gulp.

Ahh, so what if I don’t finish? No that’s NOT an option. I must finish. I have waited a long time for this. I know I can do it. Well, at least I think I can. Okay, I hope.
But, truthfully, I am a little scared. I don’t want to have to quit. I want to complete it. I won’t quit. I will just keep pedaling until I get to the finish line. Even really slow pedaling counts and eats up miles, right? Must remember that.
Because after all, I will be getting a cool t-shirt for my effort. And I want to wear it proudly.
Go ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment